Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Un saut d'une falaise

So the tickets to France are booked. Well, the tickets for Jen and Chase are booked, so they are going anyway. I am hoping to finalize my tickets today. I just need to book to go to Belgrade as well, so that adds complexity. It's a lot of money to put out there all at once, but it is also been ten years in the making. Not that I've SAVED the money for this over the past ten years, just that I've paid off enough debt that I can still afford to make the credit card payments after all this is said and done.

Okay... in the time between these paragraphs I have now booked my ticket as well. Turns out it is $25 cheaper for me to fly Denver-Belgrade-Paris-Denver than to fly Denver-Belgrade and back. So really I'm saving the company money by taking this sojourn to Paris.

You'll probably have noticed by now that we didn't get a ticket for Cannon. And you may be thinking, Wow! What did Cannon do that they are leaving him behind? Actually, he didn't do anything. Just doesn't want to go. We aren't going to force him to, nor are we going to beg him. He'll regret it, and we've advised him of that. Really, I suppose what else can you do for kids, especially after they're grown? You give them advice and hope they take it to heart.

It's exciting to have reached this precipice... and then plunge right over. There is no turning back. Come hell or high water we will be in Paris in June!

1 comment: