Thursday, April 17, 2014

Interlude

We leave for Las Vegas tomorrow morning. EARLY tomorrow morning. I spent last night feeling very under the weather. I think I had some bad chicken. The good news is that I last somewhere between 5 and 10 pounds practically overnight. Not exactly the way I wanted to slim down to get ready for bathing suit season. I was at Rockmount yesterday. Rockmount is a purveyor of the best western shirts made, the inventor of the pearl snap buttons, and a place where I could drop a small fortune. I had a snap come off, and they fixed it free of charge. While the guy was fixing that, I had a look around.

They had some awesome shirts. The one I really liked had skulls and dice and playing cards, perfect for Vegas. Well, there WAS one that was gaudy orange and yellow flames, that might have been perfect for Vegas, and nowhere else. I'd love to get that skulls shirt, but the vintage western shirts are heavy and very warm, too warm for an April day in Vegas. They would be good at night, though. Also, the skulls shirt is black, and I already have a black Rockmount shirt. And the shirts aren't cheap; you can expect to pay about $100 for one. So I didn't pull the trigger on it. I'll kick myself if they don't have it next year and I have money in my pocket again, but for now...

Besides, I had just bought a point and shoot camera. My last one bounced out of the B-Cycle I was riding last fall and was run over by not one, but two cars. Boo. My phone takes decent pictures when there is enough light. It's terrible in low light. So I needed a camera much more than a new western shirt.


I think we are all packed now. I'm SURE we'll forget something, but it is just a long weekend. Besides, how much does one really need for Vegas?

No comments:

Post a Comment