Saturday, June 14, 2014

On joue au foot.

I was sort of anticipating that this would happen, but I'm going to need to piece together the rest of this trip from a few notes that I have along with pictures that I've been taking. There just hasn't really been a lot of time up until now to get any writing done. The trip has been packed with activity and food and walking. I don't think I've walked less than five miles for a single day in the past two weeks. I'm hoping that will counteract the tons of delicious food, wine, and other drink we've been having, but I will be afraid to get on a scale for at least a week after we get back.

Today, however, we are taking it easy. Our feet and legs are telling us to slow down today after walking about 8 miles yesterday. It's been quite warm here as well in France - mid-eighties - which is unusual for this time of year. And of course it has been much more humid than we are used to. Each day my shirts have ended up with a disgusting salt stain, and I've had to change before dinner. Which reminds me, we need to get some laundry in!

The apartments we've stayed in have been nice, each one in a perfect location. AirBnB is the way to go, and frankly, I don't want to stay in a hotel ever again. I have an entire blog post composed in my head just about AirBnB, but I will save that for now.

There have been so many wonderful moments this trip, it's hard to nail down just any one. Highlights have included the view of Paris from the Notre Dame, making random friends with a group in Montmartre, getting to visit with an old friend and his beautiful family, rooting for random World Cup teams just because, and pretty much every meal we've eaten here in France.

I'll start working on piecing together the rest. At some point I feel like I need to venture back out today to find a French soccer jersey. It's like they've all sold out here in Grenoble or something, but I will need something for the game tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment